Wednesday, March 9, 2011

when the weather is warm again...

“When I hoped a train north, I went through a number of intersections. There were always cars there, sometimes a lot of them, stopped in a line waiting for the train and me to pass. They sat held back, having to pause in their day to let this train go by; waiting for that lever of an arm to quit its flashing red lights and lift itself out of the way so they could finally drive on. And it seemed funny to me, that all these years I had been the one in the car having to stop and wait for these trains passing through whenever they please; and here it is now- that I’m sitting on one of these trains, and all the cars are stopping for me. Stowing away on the back of a beast is not exactly how I imagined it, but the modern man must hustle.”


No comments:

Post a Comment